We are voracious consumers. We’re hungry for news, trends, theories and behaviors. We’re interested in what makes the world spin. We want to know how we can make a brand smarter, faster, simpler. Better. This curiosity drives our work and builds our business.
Are you interested? Tell us why at email@example.com
Work with us
Full-Time Winter/Spring 2021 Strategic Communications Internship
Res Publica Group is a Chicago-based full-service strategic communications firm providing public affairs and media relations, corporate communications, creative services and digital marketing expertise. We are looking for applicants to join our team of creative thinkers, strategists and doers for a six-month internship starting in January 2021.
Res Publica Group interns immerse themselves in current events, the media and client projects that span the healthcare, transportation, education and hospitality industries. Interns are valued members of our team and often participate in strategy sessions, write press releases, ad copy, talking points, pitch local media, conduct research and provide social media insight, among other responsibilities.
We are looking for graduate college seniors, recent college graduates and graduate students who feel comfortable working in a less regimented environment and eagerly offer assistance on client projects when they see their specific skill set will be valuable. They are self-starters who raise their hand and are not afraid to voice their opinion.
Res Publica Group interns can expect to learn:
- The media landscape in Chicago: The main outlets, the stories they cover and how to break through with a media pitch.
- Strong writing: Economy of words, focusing on key messages and crafting communications that resonate.
- Strategic thinking: The strategies we propose for clients in light of the issues they’re facing and the climate that surrounds them.
This paid internship would run from early January through late June, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Start and end dates can be flexible. Our team works best in a collaborative environment; therefore, this opportunity is not remote.
Interns will work alongside all members of our including company leadership. In this capacity, Interns can also expect to learn about:
- Client service
- Project management
- Writing for varied industries, audiences and mediums
- Strategic planning in the fields of communications and community outreach
Interns can expect to have regular contact with the internship coordinator to discuss goal progression, desired projects and experiences, and any other questions/concerns the intern may have.
- Strong writing and research skills
- Keeps up with current events including local media and politics
- Thrives in a fast-paced setting
- Proactive team player
- Motivated, confident, creative and curious
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
- Recommendation letter or references