We are voracious consumers. We’re hungry for news, trends, theories and behaviors. We’re interested in what makes the world spin. We want to know how we can make a brand smarter, faster, simpler. Better. This curiosity drives our work and builds our business.
Are you interested? Tell us why at email@example.com
Work with us
We’re currently looking for full-time strategic communications interns beginning late July through the end of December.
Are you a recent graduate looking to gain experience in media relations, corporate communications, advertising and digital marketing? As a Res Publica intern you’ll participate in strategy sessions, write press releases, pitch local media, conduct research and engage with clients across a variety of different industries. We employ interns year-round, hiring in the spring, summer and fall. The story you tell is the brand you build, and we want to know yours. Send your cover letter, resume and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15th and let us know why you should be a part of the Res Publica team. A full description of what you can expect as a Res Publica Group intern is below.
The most successful interns are self-starters who feel comfortable working in a less regimented environment and eagerly offer assistance on client projects when they see their specific skill set will be valuable. They raise their hand and are not afraid to voice their opinion.
Res Publica Group interns can expect to learn:
- The media landscape in Chicago: The main outlets, the stories they cover and how to break through with a media pitch.
- Strong writing: Economy of words, focusing on key messages and crafting communications that resonate.
- Strategic thinking: The strategies we propose for clients in light of the issues they’re facing and the climate that surrounds them.
Interns will work alongside all members of our team, from other interns to company leadership. In this capacity, interns can also expect to learn about:
- Client service
- Project management
- Writing for varied industries, audiences and mediums
- Strategic planning in the fields of communications and community outreach
Interns can expect to have regular contact with the intern coordinator to discuss goal progression, desired projects and experiences, and any other questions/concerns the intern may have.
- Strong writing and research skills
- Keeps up with current events including local media and politics
- Thrives in a fast-paced setting
- Enjoys variety
- Motivated, creative and curious
Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample